Thursday, February 7, 2008

Alright, Let's Do This.


God Bless Across The Universe. Seriously. That film is amazing. Moreso, the mindset the film puts you in if you totally let yourself be a part of it is amazing. Peace, zen, love, happiness, clarity... I wish it was the '60s. I feel like I would have fit in better then. All this new technology is great, but I am SUCH a down-to-earth girl. Literally. I would just love to frolick in fields of grass (or strawberries).
I adore nature and natural things. I wish I had more time in my life to feel connected with everything in nature. Lately I just feel like the things revolving around me are papers, classes, and errands. Yuck. I want to swim in a lake and climb a tree and scrape my knees and get bug bites. That's totally what kind of kid I was. I was a fearless little tomboy who loved playing in the woods in my backyard. I was the kind of kid to pick up worms and wiggle them in front of the other girls to watch them go "ewwww!" and run away. I was an evil little girl. Hahaha...
But, ya know, kids are SO fearless. It's amazing. Think about it. You've seen plenty of toddlers trip over their own two feet and fall on the cement sidewalk and get right back up, bloody knees and all. I've done that on an escalator and got 3 holes poked into my cartalidge in my knee and I remember thinking "ow." And I kept moving. It wasn't until I saw blood gushing down my leg and the look of horror on my mother's face that I began to cry. I've also flown on planes before. Yeah. Once to Idaho when I was 11, and to Hawaii when I was 8. No fear. I remember it being a pleasant experience.
Know what aided in giving me this fear of flying? That damn movie "Final Destination." Ugh.
Anyways, so now I have to figure out how to make this thing happen. How am I going to fly from one continent to the other? This may sound silly to anyone else, but this is the scariest thing I've ever planned for myself. But I keep telling myself that if something has the ability to both scare and thrill me, it MUST be worth it.


Em

(That picture at the top is me in a helicopter in Hawaii. Proof!)

No comments: